Morning: That's what it is, and with it, new considerations, for want of a better word.
What seems like a "normal" human thing, get up, go to work, do stuff, go home, do stuff, don't do stuff.
Only, it's not really that simple is it. Not that I'm saying its difficult you understand, not that, it's not really, it's a pretty autonomous existence, except for all the meaning and and significance we ourselves place upon day to day happenings. And not just significant events, though they do have their place and effect in the world.
An example of what I'm rambling about would be this morning, some guy stuck in traffic, being a twunt, trying to negotiate his way around a school bus in rush hour traffic, nearly getting his wing smushed in for his efforts, then beeping away on his horn as the traffic wasn't moving as quick as he'd have liked, well, that's what I assumed was happening anyway, I thought, Arsehole. And he probably was, I don't know, but my point is, he could've been late for work, really needed a shit, had received a phone call from his mate who was re-felting his roof and his ladder had fallen and he was hanging on the guttering waiting to be rescued.
To be fair, if I was hanging on the guttering for dear life, I wouldn't fuck about getting my phone out of my pocket and call a friend who I knew was on his way to work, assuming he had a job, he might not have had a job, he might have been on his way to an interview and really needed the job to pay for food for his family, he might have children, he's desperate for the job, you can't just watch your children go hungry. One of them could be ill, he could be on his way to the emergency room to be with his child in it's time of need. His wife might be cheating on him, and he just returned early from the night shift to find her in bed with the plumber and he's not thinking straight. He might be mentally ill.
He might just be an arsehole.
But the point is, if I can still remember, the point is, it could've been a million things, I didn't have time nor inclination to consider all the options at the time so my brain did it's thing and went for the most common, Arsehole, approach so I could fit that into it's little box, understand it and get on with what I was supposed to be doing. Which was getting my sorry ass to work for the day. If I'd have stopped to consider all the options, I think I may have blown a gasket, so I'm thankful for my subconcious mind to make decisions for me. It does a good job most of the time, drawing on my experiences to make a decision that it thinks is best in any given moment.
12pm: It's been a while since I wrote that, so I'll leave that where it is, I'm not about to try and get onto the same thought pattern. :)
2pm: So there's not alot happening today, in some ways that's a good thing, in others, it leaves you time to consider the what if's why's and other words that begin with W. Only still writing something down because again. Good to write for writing sake. That and I'm reading about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. My interest in how the mind works has spanned over many years, and it's probably half the reason I keep asking questions of it and finding myself overwhelmed by the sheer volume of possibilities.
What seems like a "normal" human thing, get up, go to work, do stuff, go home, do stuff, don't do stuff.
Only, it's not really that simple is it. Not that I'm saying its difficult you understand, not that, it's not really, it's a pretty autonomous existence, except for all the meaning and and significance we ourselves place upon day to day happenings. And not just significant events, though they do have their place and effect in the world.
An example of what I'm rambling about would be this morning, some guy stuck in traffic, being a twunt, trying to negotiate his way around a school bus in rush hour traffic, nearly getting his wing smushed in for his efforts, then beeping away on his horn as the traffic wasn't moving as quick as he'd have liked, well, that's what I assumed was happening anyway, I thought, Arsehole. And he probably was, I don't know, but my point is, he could've been late for work, really needed a shit, had received a phone call from his mate who was re-felting his roof and his ladder had fallen and he was hanging on the guttering waiting to be rescued.
To be fair, if I was hanging on the guttering for dear life, I wouldn't fuck about getting my phone out of my pocket and call a friend who I knew was on his way to work, assuming he had a job, he might not have had a job, he might have been on his way to an interview and really needed the job to pay for food for his family, he might have children, he's desperate for the job, you can't just watch your children go hungry. One of them could be ill, he could be on his way to the emergency room to be with his child in it's time of need. His wife might be cheating on him, and he just returned early from the night shift to find her in bed with the plumber and he's not thinking straight. He might be mentally ill.
He might just be an arsehole.
But the point is, if I can still remember, the point is, it could've been a million things, I didn't have time nor inclination to consider all the options at the time so my brain did it's thing and went for the most common, Arsehole, approach so I could fit that into it's little box, understand it and get on with what I was supposed to be doing. Which was getting my sorry ass to work for the day. If I'd have stopped to consider all the options, I think I may have blown a gasket, so I'm thankful for my subconcious mind to make decisions for me. It does a good job most of the time, drawing on my experiences to make a decision that it thinks is best in any given moment.
12pm: It's been a while since I wrote that, so I'll leave that where it is, I'm not about to try and get onto the same thought pattern. :)
2pm: So there's not alot happening today, in some ways that's a good thing, in others, it leaves you time to consider the what if's why's and other words that begin with W. Only still writing something down because again. Good to write for writing sake. That and I'm reading about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. My interest in how the mind works has spanned over many years, and it's probably half the reason I keep asking questions of it and finding myself overwhelmed by the sheer volume of possibilities.
Comments
Post a Comment